Common Sense Collection includes 2 items:
- Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
- Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense Content Pack
Common Sense is the fifth major expansion for Europa Universalis IV and focuses on diplomacy and the internal development of nations. This addition allows you to peacefully develop your nation and build a ‘tall’ empire, whilst also giving you the tools to execute grand diplomacy. Game changing religious features add depth and intriguing complexity to the gameplay.
The ability to work closely with your subjects and better control them through interactions and decrees should make common sense for anyone with designs to get to terms with the internal struggles of constitutional monarchies.
Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense Content Pack includes four new unit packs and a content pack as part of the Common Sense expansion.
- Great Nations Unit Pack: This unit pack adds seventeen new unit models for European and Eurasian nations, including England, Portugal, Netherlands, Russia and Ottomans.
- Free Cities Unit Pack: This unit pack adds fifteen new unit models for Central European cities, including Hamburg, Nuremburg, Frankfurt and Ulm.
- Theocracies Unit Pack: This unit pack adds 16 new unit models for a number of Theocratic nations, including Livonian Order, Teutonic Order, The Papacy and The Knights.
- Buddhists Unit Pack: This unit pack adds 16 new unit models for a number of Asian Buddhist countries, including Tibet, Lan Xang, Ceylon and Dai Viet.
- New Religious Gameplay: New mechanics for Protestants and Buddhists deepen the religious gameplay. Protestants acquire the ability to create their own national church by gaining religious tradition, whilst Buddhists must maintain balance between high and low karma (high karma ruler becomes detached from the world, while a low karma ruler loses trust of their soldiers).
- Devotion: Theocracies have Devotion based on how closely they adhere to their faith, with high Devotion increasing prestige, papal influence and tax income. Theocracies choose their successors from 6 different alternatives, such as an influential preacher or a noble’s son.
- Subject Interactions: Over 15 new special actions that can be taken towards subjects, such as installing your own dynasty on the thrones of your vassals.
- Parliament: Parliamentary rule for constitutional republics and monarchs, and a special parliamentary government for England. Grant your provinces seat in parliament and bribe them to vote on issues that strengthen your nation.
- Provincial Improvements: Develop the tax, manpower and goods production of your empire by spending monarch power.
- Free Cities of the HRE: Small nations in the Holy Roman Empire can be granted the status of Free City.
- Government Ranks: All nations are ranked, from small Duchies to great Empires, and can increase their government rank as they grow in power.